Enhancing the Safety and Efficiency of the National Payments System: The Role of the Overseer - A joint event with the Toronto Centre
Application Deadline: 10.06.2019
The objective of this workshop is to expose participants to a holistic approach covering all the main areas of the payment,clearing and settlement ecosystem. It equips participants with tools to effectively and strategically participate in national payment system over sight functions. The workshop provides the most recent developments in the payment and settlement space, discuss the cyber threat in payment and settlement systems and services. The workshop will be augmented with the group work and an interactive case study. During the case study participants will be able to establish the most appropriate oversight environment for a hypothetical country and apply the oversight function to a diverse set of real life challenges.
- Overview of the national payments system
- The CPMI-IOSCO Principles for financial market infrastructures
- Regional integration of financial market infrastructures
- The CPMI-IOSCO “Ecosystem”: new guidance and developments
- International remittances and cross border payments
- Payment systems aspects of financial inclusion
- Key concepts around the legal and regulatory framework supporting the national payments system
- Retail payment systems and services
- Addressing the cyber threat in payment and settlement systems and services
- The oversight of the national payments system
Target Audience: The workshop is designed for experts from central banks and related policy institutions who are interested in payment systems and instruments and the implementation of the regulations and standards regarding payment systems.