This seminar is an overview of international standards and recent global developments in the payments area including the payment and securities settlement systems and payment instruments. The seminar provides participants with detailed information on the main technical terms used in the payment systems and payment instruments areas, discusses the international standards and recent global developments in these areas and explains the implementations in Turkey.
• Basic concepts used in the payments area
• Payment and securities settlement systems
• International standards for the payment systems in Turkey
• Payment instruments
• Non-banks in the payments sector
• Legal framework in Turkey
• Global developments in the payments area
Target Audience: The seminar is designed for experts from central banks and related policy institutions who are interested in payment systems and instruments and the implementation of the regulations and standards regarding payment systems. Participants are encouraged to share their country experiences during the seminar.