Islamic Finance and Funding the Real Economy
Application Deadline: 13.10.2017
The rapid growth of Islamic finance during the last decade has spurred increasing interest in the subject of risk sharing and equity-based financing. This three-day seminar will elaborate the basic concepts of Islamic finance and their application in financial products. The program will overview the alternative funding of the real sector by Islamic banking and its role in strengthening the resilience of the banking sector. Securitization and the structure of sukuk will also be discussed.
- The concept of risk sharing and equity-based finance
- The application of risk sharing in Islamic financial contracts
- Innovative Islamic financial products
- Funding the real economy through Islamic Banking
- Risk management in Islamic banking and its role on financial stability
- Liquidity management instruments and sukuk
Target Audience: The seminar is designed for experts from central banks and related policy institutions who are interested in Islamic financial instruments and participation banking. Participants are encouraged to share their experiences during the seminar.