Date and Place: 17 - 20 April, Istanbul
Apply by: 3 March
Event Coordinator: Resul Saltabaş (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Description: This seminar provides a detailed overview of internal audit activities at a central bank conducted in accordance with international audit standards and recent developments in the internal audit area. It aims to identify the types of internal audit activities, the extent and the scope of different audit engagements, methods employed during planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up of an audit engagement. The program will also provide participants with insights about the role of an internal audit in risk management activities, as well as challenges that are to be encountered in organizing and conducting the engagements. While the emphasis is given to the CBRT’s practices and experiences, participants from other central banks will be encouraged to share their own experiences as well.
• Methods of devising the audit universe and annual audit plan
• Detailed description of the audit cycle (planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up)
• Parts and scope of an internal audit report
• Follow-up and presentations of significant audit findings to the top management
• Types and scope of audit activities of the CBRT
Target Audience: The seminar is organized for junior auditors from central banks. It will maintain an interactive discussion platform, so it is highly recommended that participants share their experiences during the seminar.